Intended to mimic the format and style of /r/AskHistorians, while also serving as a general sub for historical discussions. The rules should be familiar for anyone accustomed to AskHistorians.
- Nothing Less Than 20 Years Old
- Don’t plagiarise. Quotation of historians is acceptable and encouraged, but please cite them so that people can look at the source themselves.
- Provide sources where applicable, and be ready to provide sources for any claim you make. Wikipedia is not a source.
- Remain on topic. Follow-up questions on the same topic are allowed and encouraged, but entirely unrelated questions should be asked in a new thread. Jokes are allowed, but please use common sense - a thread should not consist solely of comic relief!
- Don’t be afraid to question established narratives, or narratives presented by other users, but refrain from conspiracy theories or pseudo-history. If you want to discuss Nazi Antarctic bases, credible sources are expected.
- Speculation and presentation of original ideas is allowed and encouraged, but do NOT attempt to pass it off as undisputed fact. Make it clear that this is your own thought/opinion.
- Debate is allowed, provided that it remains structured, civil, and on-topic. A thread about the Kronstadt Rebellion is welcome to contain debate on that topic, but the debate should not become a general debate between Marxism and Anarchism as ideologies. Debate in a comradely fashion. Personal attacks won’t be tolerated.